Tuesday, March 30, 2010

They found our $

Our agency found our money and documents. Said they were sorry. They sent them to China on 3/22. That was a 12 day delay in us getting to China. But at least they found them.

We are now waiting to hear from our agency that the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, China has processed our documents (Article 5) and they are on their way to the Chinese government (CCAA) for them to process our documents and issue our Travel Approval. All this will happen probably in the next month. OMG this waiting is so slow!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh the drama.......

Here's one for the Bailey drama records!
Our agency lost our immigration paperwork and $5,160 worth of checks!
I sent this payment and paperwork to them on 3/10/10. I sent it Express Mail through USPS and requested that they sign for it. Thank heaven I did! They said they got some of the paperwork I sent them by an email sent to us on 3/11/10 (the travel portion part) but they emailed us last night asking us when we were going to submit our immigration paperwork (for Abbey's visa) and payment. The other stuff I sent them on 3/10! Of course, I open the email after business hours. so I have to wait until Monday to deal with them. Needless to say, I was not very happy. It took quite awhile before I calmed down. Still woke up in the middle of the night worrying about it. I just CANNOT BELIEVE THEY LOST IT!!!!!!!

This will most likely delay our travel, depending on how quick we can resolve this problem. I'm not very happy with them right now!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

More OK's needed.....

If you look at the sidebar of our blog (to the right) I have created a timeline of milestones on our adoption. For this adoption we have to jump through many more hoops to get all the approvals needed for the Chinese government to issue our travel approval. It's the US government that's the hold up in going. We just got our NVC (National Visa Center) letter last week telling us that our I-800A immigration approval was sent to Guangzhou, China to the American Consulate for our next approval. But the American Consulate have yet to receive our 230 document from our agency in the USA. They need this document in order to issue our Article 5 that is then picked up by our agency representative in China and taken to the Chinese government (the CCAA) for them to issue our Travel approval. Have I put you to sleep yet? Could they have made this any more complicated? I think not. Will keep you posted on the status of all this hoop jumping.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

FINALLY.... An American name for our daughter!

It seems as though it has taken forever to come up with an American name for our daughter. Almost every name Dave liked, I didn't, and every name I liked, he didn't. We tossed around more names than I can even believe we tossed around. Nothing seemed to stick, other than "Wennie". For those of you who like the name "Wennie", sorry. The name isn't Wennie. Some people have informed us that the name we chose is pretty, but there are tons of little girls with this name. She will be one of many with the same name in her class at school. Well, so be it. Having a last name that starts with a letter that happens to be close to the beginning of the alphabet she will most likely be #1 of this name. That works. Am I just dragging this out too long? OK, a drumroll please............... scroll down please........

Abigail Wen Bailey