Saturday, August 22, 2009

Maybe on the horizon......

From what we hear, from a few sources, the wait is supposed to end at around 18 months to get our referral for our daughter. Well, officially we started month 18 in our wait as of August 20th. Should I get excited? Should I run to answer the phone whenever it rings on a weekday and is business hours for mountain standard time (our agency is in Colorado)? Well, I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. The eternal optimist. That's a good thing right? The thought still crosses my mind when the phone rings. On the bright side, one day the phone is going to ring and its going to be our agency telling us they have a little girl waiting for us. OH I can't wait!

We already talk about our new daughter (sister) all the time. We have planned things around how it will be when she comes home. We have bought things for her. We have saved things for her. Meigan talks all the time about sharing with her (we see how that actually goes when it becomes the real world). Please come on referral!!!!!!!! (eight exclamation points to bring on good luck in Chinese, it's their lucky number. the lucky number 8 is why the Chinese started the olympics last year in China on 08/08/08).

1 comment:

  1. I am wondering where you got your information. When we asked about the wait time from LID to Referral we were told 3 years minimum wait.

    Are you expedited or SN??

    I am confused and hoping that I missed some information and the wait has shortened!

    Hoping that your call comes soon!

    ReplyDelete